Road closures during the Lancashire Encounter Festival have been confirmed.
Preston City Council will host the festival, which occurs every two years, across three days in the city centre.
The festival will finish in the Red Dream Parade on Sunday (23rd September).
The parade will go from the Adelphi roundabout, through the city and into Winckley Square.
The following roads will be closed during the Sunday parade:
- The Adelphi roundabout from its junction with Fylde Road to the junction with Moor Lane, from 11am to 1pm.
- Then from 1pm, Friargate will be closed from the Adelphi roundabout to Orchard Street.
- Ringway will close for 20 metres each way from Friargate for around half-an-hour between 1.20pm and 1.50pm.
- Orchard Street
- Earl Street
- Lancaster Road (from Earl Street to Harris Street)
- Harris Street, Birley Street (from Harris Street to Fishergate)
- Fishergate (from Birley Street to Chapel Street)
- Chapel Street
- Winckley Street North, Winckley Street East
- Winckley Street South and Ribblesdale Place (for 100 metres from Winckley Square) will also close throughout Sunday afternoon.
Road closures, unless otherwise stated, will be lifted from 3.30pm.
The diversion route for the above closure will be via:
- Ring way
- North Road
- Garstang Road
- Aqueduct Street
- Fylde Road and vice versa
- Ribblesdale Place
- Queens Street
- London Road
- Stanley Street
- North Road
- Tithebarn Street, Old Vicarage in that direction only
- Church Street
- One way orders to be rescinded
The following roads will allow two way traffic, where normally one way:
- Hope Street
- Edward Street
- Marsh Lane from Corporation Street to Friargate
- Starkie Street
- Winckley Street