A warning has been issued to Prestonians after an incident earlier today.
Firefighters were called to an address on Ainsdale Drive in Ashton-On-Ribble on Saturday (5th) lunchtime after a pan was left cooking on a stove whilst nobody was in the property.
Preston and Penwortham fire crews raced to the scene and used a lock snapper to gain access.
Firefighters were at the house for over 30 minutes and managed to rescue a dog.
A spokesperson warned: “Never leave cooking unattended and leave a property.”